Board index
It is currently Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:12 pm 
Race Director

Okay, after a full day on da bus from Philly to Cape May and back, I had a lot of time to think about this.....

I think we are real close to a "merger" and as a last resort, I would suggest that we can keep the SJCCR spec class the same and T-Specs can run T-Spec rules....and can still race together and be scored seperatly much like Gran Prix racing where different classes race together.

The software can handle this and this might be the easiest and quickest way to combine the two.

How Dat???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:16 pm 
LHS Owner/Employee

I think the GT40 body would be WAAAAAY cool for next year's spec bodyshell. As for running the T-Specs and the Spec Cup cars together, I think that would be a really good idea. It has an SCCA-style ring to the idea, running multiple classes on the same track @ the same time. If only there was a way to differentiate the classes when the printouts are generated... :hmm:

And yes, rollout DECREASES with a smaller tire diameter if the overall drive ratio doesn't change. :oeoeo:

Last edited by oeoeo24 on Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:17 pm 
LHS Owner/Employee

Ray, you beat me to the punch!!!! That's why you da PIMP...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:37 am 
Team Founder/Forum Administrator

If we are going to do that I think it would be cool to pick a GTP type body for the spec series, this way we have touring cars and GTP in the same heat, just like a 24 hour race....

Speaking of which, arent T-Spec races 4 minutes not 5, even though I know they can make 5....just another slight rule variation....

Competition-RC/GQ Tires

XRay FK'05, Mugen MTX-3, XRay M18, IRS RugRat, XXX-NT Sprinter, B3 EDM, TC3 Late Model, F201. TT-01, R40

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:22 am 
Race Director

oeoeo24 wrote:
If only there was a way to differentiate the classes when the printouts are generated... :hmm:

No problemo....I can use the same principal I was gonna use in the Monster Truck class at Checkerboard where you would be able to tell on the printout which driver was in which class.

Drivers would have either a (I) or a (II) next to their name so you would know which class they were driving....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:48 pm 

It sounds like some consesis has been made about the class - that is racing together but seperately scored. Although I've taken all summer off to get ahead of some life stuff, I was hoping to jump back into the Beatle/Euro/Nastruck class next summer the same way it has been the past 2 summers (other than a new body style). I also like the idea of not just an A-main in a class because then everyone works that much harder. But, would there be bonus points for a T-Specer who finishes ahead of a non T-Spec in the same race?

D...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:20 pm 

I think with this solution we will need to make a few rule adjustments to accomodate that the winner of the A-Main may not be the class winner, it will really just be an adjustment to the language but necessary to keep it clear for everyone....

Competition-RC/GQ Tires

XRay FK'05, Mugen MTX-3, XRay M18, IRS RugRat, XXX-NT Sprinter, B3 EDM, TC3 Late Model, F201. TT-01, R40

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:19 pm 

Seems to me that it would make sense to assume that the two spec classes could be blended if necessary; however, if on a given race day, 6 people show up with TigerSpec cars and 5 show up with T-Spec, the classes could be run separately.

So the upside is that we're open to combining the classes to conserve time, as well as giving a fledgling class some room to grow (if only 1 or 2 T-specs show up, they can still run.) The only downside I can see is if there's anyone who wishes to run T-Spec AND TigerSpec. There's a possiblilty that that person would have to forego one class in favor of the other. However, I see it as highly doubtful that someone would want to run both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:59 pm 
Race Director

SixAndEightStringer wrote:
Seems to me that it would make sense to assume that the two spec classes could be blended if necessary; however, if on a given race day, 6 people show up with TigerSpec cars and 5 show up with T-Spec, the classes could be run separately.

That would be a race by race decision. I would still lean to run them together just to add more racers to compete against in "one" spec class, although if it was "6" and "5", there would have to be two heats anyway, so they could run seperatly that day....

SixSndEightStringer wrote:
There's a possiblilty that that person would have to forego one class in favor of the other. However, I see it as highly doubtful that someone would want to run both.

Me too....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:08 pm 
Race Director

deeman wrote:
It sounds like some consesis has been made about the class - that is racing together but seperately scored. Although I've taken all summer off to get ahead of some life stuff, I was hoping to jump back into the Beatle/Euro/Nastruck class next summer the same way it has been the past 2 summers (other than a new body style). I also like the idea of not just an A-main in a class because then everyone works that much harder. But, would there be bonus points for a T-Specer who finishes ahead of a non T-Spec in the same race?

D...

No, but I noticed something cool for the first time yesterday at the Turkey Race where this same scenerio came up.

I only had one electric truck entered, so I put him in with the seven electric buggies.

Although he did not finish first in the buggy class, he did show up first (and TQ) in the electric truck point standings since he was the only electric truck there.

That will help me "big time" keep track of the point standings seperatly!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:13 pm 
Race Director

TigeRyan wrote:
If we are going to do that I think it would be cool to pick a GTP type body for the spec series, this way we have touring cars and GTP in the same heat, just like a 24 hour race....

Yeah, I like that too, but this will be a Six Foot decision....:)

TigeRyan wrote:
Speaking of which, arent T-Spec races 4 minutes not 5, even though I know they can make 5....just another slight rule variation....

I haven't looked at this yet. We can make adjustments here too....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:37 pm 

Ok folks, it's that time again! Let's get some discussion about what body to use for the spec series this coming season. A few that have been tossed around:

• Porsche 911
  • Supercar challenge (any exotic car; Lambos, Ferraris, etc.)
  • NASCAR bodies
  • ?

Another idea tossed around, which I rather like, is having each registrant choose a color, IROC style, that would be their car's primary color; we'd get a rainbow of color on the track that way.

Please chime in - let's get this party started, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:07 pm 

I know last year Trax70 used the color idea for their IROC series along with a spec body....

Also, we could stick with the NASTruck body again (always an option in our polling but has never won)

I have to say seeing this body going around the Alpine would be sharp...

Competition-RC/GQ Tires

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:23 pm 

yeah - a "retro" body series would be VERY cool - but I'd be worried about body availability...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:05 pm 

Retro cars would be cool...Parma and Bolink make several of them

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next