Board index
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:00 pm 
LHS Owner/Employee

Only if we run Mod Touring on rubber tires, and there's enough entries each race to make it worthwhile. Touring car racing on foam and/or carpet has really killed my off-road driving skills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:14 pm 

i'M PLANNING ON mOD TOURING ON RUBBER

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:23 pm 
Team Founder/Forum Administrator

I will be planning a move to Mod Touring as well....Spec will be my enjoyment, help the new guy class, while Mod Electric will be my competitive class...Also, I will probably have my T-Spec available as a rental ride most weeks as long as I don't have a buddy along with me to run it...

Competition-RC/GQ Tires

XRay FK'05, Mugen MTX-3, XRay M18, IRS RugRat, XXX-NT Sprinter, B3 EDM, TC3 Late Model, F201. TT-01, R40

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:25 pm 

I know its to late for this to be any helpand that i live like 1500 miles away and i wont be racing with you guys anytime soon but in my area (3 hours from my house) their are 4 onroad tracks within 60 miles. After several years of trying to run different spec class at each track unsuccessfully they all got together and created a travling stock/spec series (they used a wierd computer program to see which cars had to run what motor, gearing, ESC, and batteries to make them all equall), each type/brand of car won atleast one event and the top five drivers each had a different car. Each track can decide which body the want to run individually last year it was - NAStruck, Bettle, Nascar/Bush/Arca, and Eurotruck but their track flooded so they didnt run the second half of the season. This year they will again run four different body styles. So if you have a hard time deciding which body to run you can always pick two or three, one for the first half and a different one for the second and so on. The only problem with this is that some of the cars didn't fit all the bodies well.

P.S.--- Im not saying that a one track spec series cannot work, it obviously does, its just that our area has tomany tracks for the number of drivers we have. so please don't bash me.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:34 pm 

We are always open to ideas and in fact last year we took the NASTrucks on the road to Millville for some oval racing which was a blast, plus we ran them on Retro Day on the oval as well....

Competition-RC/GQ Tires

XRay FK'05, Mugen MTX-3, XRay M18, IRS RugRat, XXX-NT Sprinter, B3 EDM, TC3 Late Model, F201. TT-01, R40

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:20 pm 

ra7c7er wrote:
Im not saying that a one track spec series cannot work, it obviously does, its just that our area has tomany tracks for the number of drivers we have. so please don't bash me.

Thanks for weighing in. We (generally) don't "bash" here. :squish:

Our spec series was pretty good last year, though it didn't sustain as well throughout the season as I would have hoped. MANY people signed up online, but for whatever reason, didn't participate. We'll keep doing it until it becomes too sparsely attended to be worth it, then we'll either re-tool or fold...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:16 pm 

hey guys, i will not be running in the sixfoottiger spec class this year. but i will be running the t-spec car.
ed mcgowen

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:03 am 

No Sixfoot-spec class for me this season, body change took me out. No biggie, I'll be T spec-ing. Whoever gets my number, wear it well. I am sure they will accrue more points since I only ran once. Anybody wanna' TC3?

Drive it like Scooby stole it!

NO APOLOGIES RACING

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:40 pm 

Ok guys, we are coming to a point in SJCCR Spec where we need to look at the class continuing as a class....

I would like to get a show of hands (so to speak) of those who are committed to running 5 of the 7 races in SJCCR spec....

Competition-RC/GQ Tires

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:32 pm 
Race Director

Just as a sidebar, personally, I think this will still be a viable class even though some have decided to drop out this season.

Please remember that the concept of this SJCCR spec class will be more appealing to new racers or more experienced racers that want to come back to racing without spending the big cash of a competitive touring class.

Just the fact that they can use whatever chassis/batteries they might have will be a big incentive to get racing!

What we need is for everyone to continue to help promote this class to people who you think would benefit from it.... newbies and ex-racers alike.

I think we still have a class we can build upon.....:beer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:39 pm 

But definitely not changing the body every year would help :P

Not that I'm against changing up the appearance of the class....but I'd pick a body and stick with it for a couple of seasons...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:52 pm 

Changing the body was something we did to keep things interesting. I'd be more than happy to go back to the Euro-Truck, myself... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:12 pm 
LHS Owner/Employee

SixAndEightStringer wrote:
Changing the body was something we did to keep things interesting. I'd be more than happy to go back to the Euro-Truck, myself... :)

Changing the body was a big factor in determining whether or not I'd defend the title. Like Spurcheck, I really liked the NASTruck theme (it's the only reason I got involved in the first place; I signed up before I had the chassis in my possession!!! :P )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:28 pm 

If sticking to the NASTruck body means the class continues to grow and gain interest then that may be something we should look at....or I had a wacky thought but not sure if we would want to go there....

Make ANY body that has ever been run in the SJCCR spec class legal, IE: Beetle Cup, EuroTruck, NASTruck and now that we have nominated it, HPI Porsche GT1, this way we can keep adding new bodies, but if someone wants to run a 2-3 year old body they can.....Any thoughts / comments on this idea????

Competition-RC/GQ Tires

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:31 pm 

A quick follow-up, I think if we adopted this plan we would continue to add a new body each year to the class approved list...

Competition-RC/GQ Tires

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next