Board index
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Pottbelly's and SixFootTiger present The TigeRally Cup
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:59 am 
Team Founder/Forum Administrator

What:
A 7 Stage (meaning heat) Rally only event on Pottbelly's new indoor Offroad facility

When:
December 19th

Rules:

* Rally-specific chassis or Sedan Conversions only
* ROAR Stock motors only
* 6 cell ROAR-approved cells only (No Lithion batteries, Nicd or NiMH only)
* 190mm or 200mm bodies, we prefer Realistic rally bodies.
* Tires must be production rally tires, no home-made tires
* Reshuffled heats
* Track will change each stage
* 7 Stages, worst stage will be dropped from result. Results will be a total of all laps turned and all race times added together. A DNF will receive the slowest 5 minute time turned in his/her heat plus their actual number of laps turned.
* Trophies awarded for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place, PLUS a Concourse Trophy
* MAX 56 TOTAL ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED DUE TO TIME CONSTRAINTS SO PRE-REGISTER TO SECURE A SPOT!

For more info checkout: http://www.pottbellysrc.com/tigerally/

You can pre-register @ http://www.pottbellysrc.com/tigerally/prereg.cfm

Competition-RC/GQ Tires

XRay FK'05, Mugen MTX-3, XRay M18, IRS RugRat, XXX-NT Sprinter, B3 EDM, TC3 Late Model, F201. TT-01, R40

Last edited by TigeRyan on Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:00 pm 

sweet!!! :P Just enough incentive to get me back behind the wheel of a rally :D :P :-P

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:01 pm 

Any questions about the rules please post them here...We are trying to set good ground rules for the event....

Competition-RC/GQ Tires

XRay FK'05, Mugen MTX-3, XRay M18, IRS RugRat, XXX-NT Sprinter, B3 EDM, TC3 Late Model, F201. TT-01, R40

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:51 pm 

I have a question. What's with the stock motors? Stock classes seem to maximize the difference between those who can tune a stock motor and those that can't. There is a huge speed difference between the two. Unless you are Scooby, you are at a distinct disadvantage. Moreover, I run a Rally Weapon which features what I consider the least efficient drive train ever invented. So while I was getting enthusiastic about running rally this winter, if it is going to be stock motors only, I guess I'll pass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:18 pm 

I run a rally weapon myself and I am currently leading the points, with a stock motor in our rally series....

The reason for stock motors is simple really, thats what we have always run in our rally series since its inception. And actually having Scooby power in rally can often be a bad thing since over powering the tires just leads to wheel spin....

Anways, it will be stock motors for this event, sorry if that means people will shy away from the event...

Competition-RC/GQ Tires

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:25 pm 

PS. for the Saturday nigth rally series I am not sure what Drew is doing for motor rules.....

Competition-RC/GQ Tires

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:54 pm 

mark wrote:
What's with the stock motors... There is a huge speed difference... Unless you are Scooby...

With all due respect to you, Mark:

Stock motors are plenty fast for rally. It's more realistic and fun to drive a rally car with a stocker - when I want mod, I strap a 9 turn into my buggy...

Scooby has put the time into his program and his motors, and it shows. You can call him a cheater, you can be a playa hatah, or you can do your darndest (and your homework) to catch him. I prefer option three...

The main reason Scooby wins is because he can drive. Yes, he has a lot of horsepower, but I have a feeling that if we traded cars, he'd still beat me (though I'm getting closer - ask Tom Lane...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:55 pm 

And Oh Yeah - the Rally Weapon's drivetrain isn't THAT bad... I used to run one myself. The only thing about that car is that it's a bit of a pain to work on... TigeRyan or myself can offer a couple of mods that will help - make sure you ask one of us (if you haven't done them already...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:47 am 

i could be ready for the event......

how long will the race be? or how much time will we have between races?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:39 pm 

Quote:
Scooby has put the time into his program and his motors, and it shows. You can call him a cheater, you can be a playa hatah, or you can do your darndest (and your homework) to catch him. I prefer option three...

Just to be clear...I never said Scooby cheats. He's one of those who knows how to tune a stock motor and I have nothing but respect for the man and his skills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:58 pm 

Sorry Mark - the "you" was meant to be a generic "you", to anyone who races - not a specific comment directed at you personally - I wasn't clear in my post. Sorry if you took it that way... :quiet:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:34 pm 

Carl,

Lets say we end up with enough for 4 heats (meaning no more then 32 drivers), We would run a stage (1 round) and then take a 15 minute break, we will try and not put someone in the last heat in a round in the first heat of the next round on the re-shuffle as well....

One of the keys to this event will be marshalls doing their duties, plus we are going to try and get a couple of volunteer marshalls who are not racing as well....

Later!
John

Competition-RC/GQ Tires

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:49 pm 
Race Director

You know the :geets: is in........Can't wait!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:00 am 

SixAndEightStringer wrote:
mark wrote:
What's with the stock motors... There is a huge speed difference... Unless you are Scooby...

With all due respect to you, Mark:

Stock motors are plenty fast for rally. It's more realistic and fun to drive a rally car with a stocker - when I want mod, I strap a 9 turn into my buggy...

The main reason Scooby wins is because he can drive. Yes, he has a lot of horsepower, but I have a feeling that if we traded cars, he'd still beat me (though I'm getting closer - ask Tom Lane...)

Now there is a "little known RC fact" or maybe I should say, "rc denial". Stockgod is without a doubt the guy we are always chasing in the horsepower wars. But, for a large degree, he flat out outdrives 95% of us, and I think all too often a large percentage of us may forget to applaud his talent. His preparation regimiate is second to none. And what he does to prepare for a race day is "extreme" to say the least. I can guarentee you that there is not one person who sacrifices more, to perform well on a local level, it's sick. And that dedication to excellence is what gets him the results!!!!!! :thumb:

With that being said, I am still gonna female breeding dog slap him tomorrow> :P

Drive it like Scooby stole it!

NO APOLOGIES RACING

Post subject: rs4 rally
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:14 pm 

I don't mean to get on your guys nerves, but do you know of any one who has a upper deck for a rs4 rally or chassis? If so PLEASE let me know. thanks Rallyfreak202@aol.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next