Board index
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:10 pm 

Looking forward to sunday, Bought a new body to paint today just for this one Jeff! Who's in for micro?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:12 pm 

I am. I'll bet Drew isn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:51 pm 

Wow!!! even though I was'nt there Like to give Jeff Jones Props for another spectacular race prop's to ya bro, and congrads to all the Finalists.Allready cant wait to race up at Westchester nice track

BMI DB12R

Look now, dont act up or I'll jack ya for ya grip!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:58 am 

Well, Matt Howard and Joel Johnson did not make it,,,,,,,,their loss!
Wow, like Latif said,,,,,,,,,,,,where do I start????????
There is no way I can report all of what I experienced on that day in one sitting. So I will have to do this in bits and pieces. First I want to thank Gary Jones owner of Hobbytown of West Chester for allowing us to decend on his facility for our party. And what a party it was!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to "The Crew" too. ( Andy, Ed Finley, Stevie Banatka and anyone else who helped to make things go. At this point I would have to say we have arrived and are now a bonified series. Especially when we can generate 9 heats of participants (and I was forced to "pack" the heats, we should have had 11 heats). 55 entrants for the day, and 30 of them were for 1/12th scale!! Anybody who thinks 1/12th is dead needs to have their head examined,,,,,,,,,,,or maybe just pulled out of their posterior. The 1/12th classes I established were just right and gave all an opportunity to run competitively based on their skill level. At one point there was so much laughter coming from where Latif, Sharpe, Quinn and Scooby's pits that I thought I was at one of those amateur comedy clubs. Only downside of the day was that we were fighting a loosing battle as far as time management because of the race program that was being utilized. But, race director Stevie "stayed the course", "got er dun", and all participants were patient as we made it thru the day. Also, the makeshift PA system to communicate with people in the back room did not work which delayed a number of heat starts (mine included). Hopefully, these problems will be rectified if and when I decide to revisit the facility.

At this point I would like to recognize all those who finished first in their respective mains (I won't use the word "winner", because to me, you are all winners just for coming out and participating). You guys will "wear the crown" until the next Etown RC Family Reunion.
1/12th stock, Ray Godown
1/12th sportsman, Troy Kosinski
1/12th pro, 1st in B main Dave Todd
1/12th pro, 1st in A main Scooby "home track" Horton
Stock touring, 1st in B main Will Wooten
Stock touring, 1st in A main Jason Swift
Micro touring, 1st in A main "Flyin' " Ryan Dalnogare (Also, Canadian Champion)
1/18th truck, 1st in A main Troy Kosinski

Hope you all enjoyed the series and had a good time racing on a different level. As soon as I can figure out who to condense my race report I will post it for you.

Drive it like Scooby stole it!

NO APOLOGIES RACING

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:34 pm 

Stock 1/12th was a fairly close event between the top 3 drivers until the end. Jackson RC's own Ray Godown held all comers at bay. Hard charging Marius was within a lap most of the event, and considering the lap times were in the 8 second range as you could see the outcome of the event could change easily within the last 30 seconds. Ray held on for the victory with a 55 lap run. Marius finished 2nd with 53. Ed McGowen finished 3rd with 51. Kevin Kloss finished 4th with 40. grant Cunningham finished 5th with 37. And James Hawkins rounded out the field in 6th with 4.

Sportsman 1/12th was sure to be a close battle. Long time Etown posse guy came out of semi retirement to bless us with his presence. Though he is heavily involved with go karting, he made the choice to try us out. He has not lost any of his RC skills and was competitive all day. The main battle came down to JP and Troy Kosinski. Troy finally overcame some handling gremlins and took home the victory by 1 lap over JP with 62 laps. JP finished 2nd with 61. Local racer Darryl Lee had a podium finish in 3rd with 55. Jim Griggs come home 4th with 53. Ed McAfee aka 8 second Ed (he has a full sized Chevy S-10 pick up that does 8 seconds in the 1/4 mile!) finished 5th with 45. And local racer Anthony Finley finished 6th with 45 also but, 2 seconds behind Ed.

B main 1/12th PRO had local hot shoe Quinn Moon at the helm and hungry for the win. These guys are capable of putting up some big numbers and started fast and furious. Flyin' Ryan Dalnogare, Dave Todd and Quinn were mixing it up and were the most consistent through out the event. But, Dave Todd came away out front with a 64 lap run. Flyin' Ryan finished 2nd with 63. Quinn finished 3rd with 60. Etown posse guy Mark Alspach finished 4th with 57. Pottbellys own Drew Anastasio finished 5th with 56. Jason Swift come in 6th with 55. Another long time racer who came back, Mike Knight finished 7th with 53. Another Etown posse guy Greg Sharpe DNfed with 14 laps unfortunately and finished 8th. And James Cranmer aka BOOMER, rounded out the field on a DNF run to finish 9th with 10.

A main 1/12th pro. The word for the day was "Scoooooby". And that about says it all. That's right "home track" Horton was on fire laying down 70 plus lap runs at will. Latif Etown posse guy, Pat Clark, Mike Mulhern, Andy Castellini, and Darren Howard kept it real interesting as they all were either in the lead or close enough that they could taste it. In the end it was Scooby in first with 70 laps! Pat Clark in 2nd with a close 69, excellent run. Latif finished 3rd with another fantastic run with 68. Andy Castellini finished 4th with 67. Mike Mulhern finished 5th with 65. Myself in 6th with 63. Paul Cranmer Etown posse guy, 7th with 60. And finishing 8th was Darren Howard with 45.

Sorry guys for the delayed report, da' ole' puter kept going down. Thanks for the great series. I have more planned for next winter so stay tuned.

NO APOLOGIES RACING

Post subject: One last hurrah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:43 am 

The regular season is over and was very sucessful might I add. Myself and several others are going to do it one more time at Zaks Saturday March 31th. The invite goes out to 1/12th (as always), micro touring and micro truck. See you guys there!

NO APOLOGIES RACING

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:02 pm 

Just wanted to stop by and say hello to " THE MAN " jeff jones. Glad to see things happened for ya brother. You are the "presidential host" of 1/12th scale scene! keep doing your thing cuz nobody does it better! ttyl. :)

Post subject: Re: One last hurrah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:19 am 

can u tell the schedrule for saturday?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:41 pm 

Russ Williams wrote:
Just wanted to stop by and say hello to " THE MAN " jeff jones. Glad to see things happened for ya brother. You are the "presidential host" of 1/12th scale scene! keep doing your thing cuz nobody does it better! ttyl. :)

Yo Russ, welcome back! Yes, the 1/12th program was very sucessful. Most of all the participants had good clean competitive fun. I will be working on obtaining a "Checkerboard-Trax 70" type vehicle to run. I first have to figure out what vehicle to get that will fit my needs. See ya at da' Board.

NO APOLOGIES RACING

Post subject: Re: One last hurrah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:43 pm 

akimoto wrote:
can u tell the schedrule for saturday?

I believe they start at around 7pm. 1/12th runs 27 turn stock motors.

NO APOLOGIES RACING

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:58 pm 

well jeff my I suggest either a 1/10th gas truck or some sort of monster truck or truggie. that way you can run at the borad, trax 70, and family. also blue diamon and hobby hut. either way you go you will have people running both of those classes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:55 am 

Jeff, There is a really big showing of 1/10 nitro (ST) at family and 70. Given cost and other considerations, this is the easiest class to start. There were only 6 MT at Family this past weekend and the track is tight for the big machines.

You can avoid the question and buy one of each!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:00 pm 

Russ Williams wrote:
well jeff my I suggest either a 1/10th gas truck or some sort of monster truck or truggie. that way you can run at the borad, trax 70, and family. also blue diamon and hobby hut. either way you go you will have people running both of those classes.

thanks Russ

NO APOLOGIES RACING

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:08 pm 

medicineman wrote:
Jeff, There is a really big showing of 1/10 nitro (ST) at family and 70. Given cost and other considerations, this is the easiest class to start. There were only 6 MT at Family this past weekend and the track is tight for the big machines.

You can avoid the question and buy one of each!

thanks for the feedback. I recently changed jobs and Saturday racing is almost certainly out of the question since I work on Saturdays now. So that means Family is not on my list for this season. I am bummed about that too since I really wanted to try to get back to run at Family more. That would mean 1/10th stadium trucks would not be the way to go. Monster trucks would possibly be a more logical choice since Trax 70 and Checkerboard both run on Sundays. Now I gotta figure out which one, Revo or LST2.

NO APOLOGIES RACING

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:59 pm 

i gotta say lst2...they are just so nice outa the box...throw a set of black springs on the back..some crimefighter tires...and foward only conversion and you've got a mean machine with little effort...i ran mine at 70 a few times last year...the lst2's absolutly dominated

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next